Is any informed observer of the Obama presidency really surprised that Obama is promoting the worst international agreement in American history with his Iran proposal?
Obama is unfortunately consistent in his foreign relations blunders. The key similarity to all these mistakes is his unfailing focus on the short term instead of the long term. Presidents who were successful with their foreign policy actions like Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon, and Reagan where focused on long term results. Evidence shows that Obama is entirely incapable of taking the long view as proven by these disasters:
- Bush set up defensive missile plans in Poland and the Czech Republic to protect the West from possible Iranian (and Russian) aggression. Obama unilaterally cancelled the plans. Now with Russia threatening neighbors and Iran on the path to increased offensive missile abilities, the missiles are not there to help.
- Obama removed troops from Iraq against the advice of his military advisers. With America out of the way, ISIS was able to fill the void. Obama is the Father of Isis.
- Obama helped topple the Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi. In the process the American ambassador was killed and Libya is now a failed state with terrorist training camps.
- Obama's red-line red-faced fiasco in Syria did nothing to degrade an oppressive Syrian government.
- Obama decided to renew diplomatic relations with Cuba. For this recognition Cuba gave America -- nothing. Freedom loving Cuban expats are not pleased.
- Obama traded 5 known terrorists for army deserter Bowe Bergdahl. How is this a win? Meanwhile innocent American political prisoners in Iran were not freed as part of the Iran nuclear deal.
- Pretty much overshadowing all these blunders combined is the pending Iran nuclear deal. The fact that none of our allies in the Middle East are supporting the deal tells all. At best all this deal does is delay when Iran will have the bomb. At worst it restores Iran to a regional power flushed with cash to increase state sponsored terrorism. The people were dancing in the streets in Iran. They know it was a sweetheart deal for Iran.
Iran is the country were chess was invented. Expert chess players do not focus on the next few moves. They are looks at moves far into the game. Iran is playing chess and Obama is out of his league.
If you liked this post and want to encourage other readers, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.