For more than two generations the liberal left has pushed the idea that there is no difference between men and women. This is being pushed to extreme by people advocating that anyone should be able to self select which public restrooms and showers to use. The Obama administration is taking steps so that women will have to register for the selective service so if the military draft is ever reinstated, women would have equal chances of being drafted into the armed forces.
In the name of gender equality, we are supposed to ignore the realities of biology. Back in 1992 John Gray wrote the wildly successful relationship book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, a book that has sold more than 50 million copies. Could he get away with writing that book now? Would it have to be called Men and Women Are from Wherever They Want to Be?
The liberal left rejoices in men and women assuming cross-gender roles. They are especially disparaging of women who want to be full time mothers, even though a child who has the full attention of his/her mother is at a great advantage to the child who is raised by daycare and nannies.
For those unafraid to put down the PC Kool-Aid, it is clear that women are not equal to men. There are somethings women are better at and some things that men are better at. When men and women recognize this, society wins. When men and women ignore this, society loses. Here are some examples of how following liberal leftists ideas turns into unequal results.
- The abortion culture is extremely unequal to women. First of all half of all abortions kill women. The availability of abortions encourages women to develop relationships with men who do not value them beyond a object for deriving pleasure. Women also carry the emotional scars and regrets of terminating a life.
- The single mom culture is extremely unequal to women. The same men who encourage women to abort children are often the same men who refuse to support the mother and children, leaving a woman to raise children alone. This often means higher rates of poverty for the child that will likely continue with the next generation.
- The cohabitation culture is extremely unequal to women. Related to the single mom culture, the cohabitation culture is overwhelmingly a bad deal for women. Cohabiting couples are more likely to break up than married couples. They are more likely to be unfaithful than married couples. They report poorer relationships and higher depression than married couples. Over time they earn less income and accumulate less wealth than married couples. Lastly they report more problems with substance abuse.
- We need men who will not abandon their children and leave mothers to raise them alone.
- We need men who respect women for who they are and not as temporary transactional pleasure objects.
- We need men who support a spouse's desire to stay home with the children, even if it means fewer niceties.
Let women be women. They are not men.
Follow on Twitter - @fiddlingant
If you liked this post and want to encourage other readers, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.