Link to Classic Fiddling Ant

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Intelligent Design v Evolution Memes

Memes are part of the linga franca of social media, so I've decided to create some memes from some of my favorite quotes related to intelligent design. I will add them over time to this blog post.

11/2


10/16


9/21/16
I am confused why so many people who reject Intelligent Design are so eager to accept The Multiverse which is just as woo-woo if not more so.


9/9/16
Is Dyson's statement more acceptable to ID adherents or the evolution faithful?

8/16/16

My greater than normal interest in intelligent design dates back to 2006 when a bill that would have allowed schools to discuss intelligent design was shot down by the state school board. This wasn't in Vermont or New York -- this was in conservative Utah. I wrote a challenging letter that was published in the local paper. Around that time I watched the classic Spencer Tracy movie Inherit the Wind, a fictionalized account of the 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial. I realized that one century later ID is now in the place evolution was 90 years ago. If you tried to teach ID in school, you could get arrested. I updated the script with mirror characters, even using some of the same dialogue from the actual Scopes trial. It is called Inherit the Wind: Overturned by Design. It was a fun writing project and I think it presents the ID argument to people in an entertaining way.  If you are interested, see the link on the right.


follow on Twitter @fiddlingant

If you liked this post, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment